A Practice devoted to Minimally Invasive Surgery and Laparoscopy.
The Virginia Hernia and Heartburn Institute (VHHI) is a natural extension of the surgical practice of G. Kevin Gillian, M.D, F.A.C.S. He is a Board Certified General Surgeon with unique Fellowship Training in Laparoscopic and Minimally Invasive Surgery. He has been caring for and operating on patients in the Northern Virginia, Southern Maryland and D.C. Metro area since 1998. The Institute participates in ongoing surgical research, educational video production, surgeon education as well as national and international presentations. He and the associates of VHHI strive to provide state of the art minimally invasive surgical care to patients.
Please take a moment to browse through the site to learn more about the practice. If you have any questions or comments please feel free to contact the office. We look forward to hearing from you.
Learn more about the Virginia Hernia Institute staff:
- G. Kevin Gillian, MD - Curriculum Vitae
- Divya Bansal, PA-C
- Virginia Hospital Center - Heartburn Center
A broad spectrum of surgical services are available in this practice but the major focus is on providing state of the art surgery via minimally invasive and less painful techniques. Quite a few of our procedures can be done conveniently and privately under local anesthesia in the office. Below is a list of some of the procedures provided for our patients. This list is meant to be informative and usefull but it is not a complete list. Please call the office is you have any questions about your particular problem.
All of the following procedures are performed laparoscopically at a hospital with incisions that are typically 0.5 -1cm in size. Many are done as outpatient surgery so that you can go home the same day.
- Adrenalectomy -adrenal gland removal
- Cholecystectomy - gallbladder removal
- Colon Surgery
- Diverticulitis treatment
- Cancer removal
- Exploration for chronic abdominal pain
- Hernia Surgery
- Inguinal Hernia
- Parastomal- colostomy or ileostomy hernia
- Gastrectomy -removal of stomach tumors
- Heller Myotomy- treatement of Achalasia
- Lysis of Adhesions- treatment for abdominal pain and bowel obstruction.
- Nissen Fundoplication - treatement of esophageal reflux
- Splenectomy-removal of spleen